Hen Dafarn is the ideal location to stay while enjoying the Edwardian Castle and walled town of Conwy or exploring the surrounding countryside including the dramatic beauty of the Snowdonia Mountains. Hen Dafarn, is a spacious townhouse in Conwy, dating from the 15th century and recently updated to provide modern convenience amid period detail. Conwy is a medieval walled town with a magnificent castle and a World Heritage Site. The Castle is nestled against a picturesque quay and set against the stunning mountainous backdrop of the Snowdonia National Park. The circuit of walls over three quarters of a mile long is guarded by 22 towers and is one of the finest in the World. Hen Dafarn is located on a narrow but quiet residential street in the center of town. It is sited within the town walls of this small historic town and makes an ideal base being just a few minutes’ walk from the castle, a lovely marina which hosts many fairs and festivals, specialist and national shops, quality restaurants and traditional pubs.
Conwy, along with the beautiful surrounding countryside and coastline, is the perfect location for your holiday. Whatever you want to do – explore the mountains and shores, go sightseeing, enjoy sports or maybe just relax and enjoy great food and wine, whilst taking in the ambiance, you will find that Conwy caters for all. You can enjoy beautiful unspoiled beaches, visit local historic houses and the majestic Victorian splendour of Llandudno. Being only 75 minutes drive from Manchester, Conwy on the North Wales coast, is easily accessible by train or car.
Hen Dafarn, ‘the old tavern’, was recently renovated to the highest standard and is stylishly furnished and decorated while maintaining the character of its 15th century construction. Old ship beams, which are exposed throughout the house, add to its charm. Hen Dafarn is deceptively spacious and can sleep 4-6. As you enter the cottage you are immediately taken by the large stone inglenook fireplace with a convenient and eco friendly gas stove. The comfortable seating area invites you to relax under the open plan beamed living and dining area with TV and WiFi. The well-equipped new kitchen, including ample storage space,induction cooktop, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer, has contemporary folding doors leading straight out into the large slate-flagged south facing courtyard garden. The garden is equipped with table and chairs and BBQ. This secluded, peaceful and sunny patio is the perfect setting for alfresco dining during the summer months. On the first floor is a double bedroom, a twin bedroom and a modern family bathroom with an over bath shower. Stairs to the 2nd floor lead to an impressive mezzanine double bedroom whose windows open out to beautiful views of Conwy Castle, the 12th century town church clock tower, the Tudor mansion Plas Mawr, and the boats at anchor on the Conwy estuary. An ensuite shower room completes the suite. Parking is either on the road by the front door or car parks are available nearby.
Conwy is becoming an exciting and interesting place to visit all year round. There are many local festivals and activities, so summer or winter we believe that you will find Hen Dafarn to be a comfortable retreat from the hustle and bustle of urban life while retaining the amenities of a modern world.
Please use the chart to the right to guide you on our current availability. Please confirm the available dates and then e-mail us at email@example.com so that we can get the dates reserved with our booking agency. Alternatively you can telephone our manager Moya Roberts in the UK at 07568 590 744 (mobile) or Bob and Lindsay in the US at (001) 510 928 2711. We can provisionally hold dates for a few days until you return the booking form and deposit.
Low Season5 Feb-12 Feb, 17 Dec-30 Dec
- £135 per night for 3 or 4 night stays. 3 night minimum
Mid Season13 Feb -1 Apr, 15 Apr-20 May, 16 Sep-21 Oct
- £170 per night for 3 or 4 night stays. 3 night minimum
High Season2 Apr-14 Apr, 21 May-1 Jul, 26 Aug-15 Sep, 22 Oct-27 Oct, 17 Dec-30 Dec
Peak2 Jul-25 Aug
How to Book:To book Hen Dafarn please check to see if your dates are available. You can do this by looking at our availability chart and confirm by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or you can telephone us in the US at 001 510 928 2711 or our UK Manager, Moya Roberts at 07568 590 744 (mobile) or by email email@example.com.
Fill out our Booking Form here. Note that we do use a booking agent and to avoid double booking we must confirm with them before we take the booking. So it is important that once you decide you want to book, you email us immediately so that we can get that confirmation.We can provisionally hold dates for a few days until you return the booking form and deposit. For a booking form to print and post please click here
Contact Details:Contact: Lindsay Newcomb – US (001) 510 928 2711 or Moya Roberts – 07568 590 744 (mobile)
Please make out cheques to Lindsay Newcomb
Terms and conditions of booking Hen Dafarn The contract between the client and the proprietor shall be made, subject to the following conditions:
- Hen Dafarn is let on a short-term holiday let, for the period specified on the booking confirmation, for the maximum number of persons specified. (6).
- No smoking is permitted on the premises. Contravention will mean an extra charge levied, to thoroughly clean the property and furnishings (in excess of £250).
- The period of hire shall be from 4.30pm on the day of arrival and shall end at 10.00am on the day of departure. Any cancellation made by the client for whatever reason, shall be in writing and sent by email to Lindsay Newcomb. The full balance is payable and your deposit is not refundable, unless we can re-let the property. If we can re-let, for the full duration of your cancelled stay, we will refund your deposit and balance, minus £25 administration. However, we recommend you take holiday cancellation insurance.
- The client takes full responsibility for the property and must take all reasonable and proper care of its furniture, pictures, ornaments, fittings and effects, whether in or on the property and leave them in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the hire period as at the beginning.
- Any damage or breakages caused must be paid for, after consultation with the owner as to the extent of damage or items broken. Items broken will be charged at the replacement cost but any damage to the fabric of the building, or furnishings will be quoted for by an independent source. A £100 security deposit shall be submitted, to be returned within 7 days of the end of the let.
- Duty of care – Hen Dafarn is maintained to a very high standard. In the event of a breakdown of any equipment, a repair or replacement will be found/fitted within 24 hours where possible and within 3 working days maximum. We are not responsible for any loss of enjoyment arising from the loss of use of any service or item within the specified time limit.
- Complimentary WIFI is only for email and internet access. WIFI is not for gaming or streaming of movies and the like. If WIFI is used for these purposes, there will be an additional charge to cover the extra cost.
- The client and members of their party cannot hold the owners or their representatives, liable for any injury sustained or any loss or damage to any belongings during their stay at Hen Dafarn.
- We reserve the right to enter the property at any reasonable time, for the purposes of inspection or to carry out necessary repair or maintenance but undertake to advise the client of such a need as it arose, prior to entering the property.
- We reserve the right to refuse any booking and in exceptional circumstances to cancel, modify or alter arrangements made for the client, but will refund any monies already paid.
- Your booking assumes acceptance of these conditions in full.
- In case of any dispute the Law of England shall apply.